Jenkins is a well-known CI tool that has the ability to do distributed builds. This means that it will send out build jobs to slave agents on different machines, in order to run them within a specific environment or to speed things up by parallelization. The Jenkins master is responsible for running and distributing the build jobs across (dynamically scheduled) slaves. It is also used to deploy application environments onto the platform.
- Continuous delivery
- Automate everything
- Keep everything in source control
- Everybody has the responsibility for the release process
- They’re developed by one of the largest software development groups.
- Their main users are business people in the company. All the development teams have adopted an agile approach called Kanban while moving their applications to CD.
- On these applications, CD has produced the following six main benefits